The Valley of the Temples in Sicily is the archaeological area characterized by the exceptional state of conservation and a series of important Doric temples of the Hellenistic period. It corresponds to the ancient Akragas, monumental original nucleus of the city of Agrigento. Today is the regional archaeological park. from 1997 the entire area was included in the World Heritage List drawn up by UNESCO. It is considered a popular tourist destination, besides being the symbol of the city and one of the main of the island. The Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of the Temples, with its 1300 ha, It is the largest archaeological site in the world.
San Leone is an Italian town, district and the main beach of the town of Agrigento. It sets at the end Akragas, near the mouth of the river Akragas, Also known as San Leone.
Scala dei Turchi is a rock wall (falesia) which rises above the sea along the coast between Porto Empedocle and Realmonte, in the province of Agrigento. It has become a tourist attraction in time for both the singularity of the cliff, white and peculiar forms, whether as a result of the popularity gained by the novels starring Inspector Montalbano written by the writer Andrea Camilleri empedoclino, where these places are mentioned country of Commissioner, to frame with Porto Empedocle
Naro (Naru in Sicilian) It is an Italian town of 7.906 inhabitants of the province of Agrigento in Sicily. The town of Naro is located at a maximum altitude of approximately 600 m s.l.m.. In its territory it flows the River Naro and there are also two reservoirs: Dam San Giovanni and Furore Dam.
Punta Bianca, extraordinary Agrigento beach located along the stretch of sea between Porto Empedocle and Licata. A place that they Agrigenti define "a paradioso" for lunar atmospheres that the white limestone rock manages to create.
Palma Montechiaro stands on a hill on a sandbar, not far from the capital of Agrigento. The discovery of archaeological finds dating back to the second millennium B.C.. and the presence of numerous tombs sicane , show that in this territory, since ancient times, there were human settlements whose inhabitants were dedicated to agriculture and pastoralism.
The Chiaramonte Castle Favara is a castle from the second half of the thirteenth century built around the 1280 by Frederick II of the noble Chiaramonte family. It was Frederick II of Swabia the hunting lodge.