The Chiaramonte Castle Favara is a castle from the second half of the thirteenth century built around the 1280 by Frederick II of the noble Chiaramonte family. It was Frederick II of Swabia the hunting lodge.
Built towards the end of the thirteenth century, perhaps on an unfinished construction of Swabian origin,its forms reflect Frederick's models.
The building was inhabited until the early seventeenth century, while in the eighteenth century the rooms of the kitchens on the sides of the ogival portal were used as a prison (during the’ those on the left were used as a criminal prison and those on the right as a civil prison. The prisoners left numerous graffiti on the walls.
A crenellated tower that was located in the southwest corner of the external enclosure, cited in 1611, it was restructured around 1820 and was demolished for the construction of the palace of Giuseppe Cafisi over the years 1840, together with a great godico portal (“major portal”); at the same time the large cistern in the center of the enclosure was covered with pavement.
Today the castle is the seat of various kinds of conferences as well as pictorial events and exhibitions. The most important manifestation is the ” Festival of the Passover Lamb “.